Scheduling Your OCI
Available Testing Times
The ITA Program typically conducts OCIs during the following time periods:
- early January through the first week of Spring Semester
- during the last 2 weeks of the Spring Semester
- over the summer:
- from early June to mid-July, limited testing times are available.
- between mid-July and the first week of Fall Semester (our busiest testing period), more testing times are made available.
- during the last 2 weeks of the Fall Semester
*To check the exact dates and times that are available for testing, please visit our OCI Booking Calendar.
When to Schedule Your OCI
If you are a continuing graduate student with a TA position that begins in the Fall Semester, we highly recommend that you schedule your OCI during the final 2 weeks of the preceding Spring Semester or in the earlier part of the summer. That way, you can avoid coming in during our busiest testing period, which is from mid-July through the first week of Fall Semester.
If you are a new graduate student with a TA position that begins in the Fall Semester, you should plan to take your OCI over the summer or when you arrive near the start of the Fall Semester.
If you have a TA position that begins in the Spring Semester, you should schedule your OCI during the last 2 weeks of the preceding Fall Semester or between early January and the first week of the Spring Semester.